The CathPCI Registry®; is a powerful tool that assesses the characteristics, treatments and outcomes of cardiac disease patients who receive diagnostic catheterization and/or percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) procedures. The CathPCI Registry gives you the quality benchmarking data you need to see how your lab’s performance compares with like-sized labs and the national aggregate; to set achievable performance goals; and to develop quality improvement plans that help you meet those goals.
There are a number of reasons why participation is so important:
- CathPCI Registry establishes a national standard for understanding treatments and outcomes of cardiac disease patients who receive diagnostic catheterizations and/or PCI procedures
- Participation improves adherence to the ACC/AHA Clinical Guidelines recommendations, and explores the association between evidence-based treatment strategies and clinical outcomes
- Weekly and quarterly reports can be used to reduce procedural complications, support quality improvement initiatives, and satisfy the data collection and reporting requirements of regulatory and contracting organizations
- Participation helps identify areas of excellence as well as opportunities for improvement, and also allows your facility to apply emerging best practices and position itself as a quality leader
To enroll in the CathPCI Registry, please click here.
View a list of current CathPCI Registry participants
Participation in the CathPCI Registry provides:
- Risk-adjusted, quarterly benchmark reports that compare your institution’s performance with that of volume-based peer groups and the national experience
- Standardized, evidence-based data elements and definitions
- A Dashboard tool that provides a custom query to control for variables (facility size, number of procedures, teaching vs. non-teaching sites, states and regions) that compare your facility data, metrics and volumes.
- Web-based entry that allows any facility to participate in national quality improvement efforts